Friday, April 24, 2009

Birthday Eve


Tonight a dear friend who I rarely see told me he loved me. Not in a romantic way - in a "you are part of my soul" way. There was a silence and in that silence the sense of belonging wrapped around us like the coziest blanket, like a serpentine snuggle. I think that is a good note to fall asleep on this birthday eve. Thirty Five years old and someone loves me, even if I don't see him ever again, this will always be true. Thinking of the various people who have passed through my life, many of whom I am not in regular contact with makes me realise how many there are like that... people I really do love. People who are part of my soul. People who I think of and smile.
It is wonderful to be connected again with so many old friends. I hope I never entirely forget the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment